[Picture soon]
A friend introduced me to this Smitten Kitchen recipe – in a very unusual twist for me, I’ve made no changes. But because I find the font on the web site horrible to read and because the directions are sort of scatted around and difficult for me to follow, I’ve posted it here. I served this to my folks on a recent visit and the dish was a complete hit.
Ingredients:
Directions:
A friend introduced me to this Smitten Kitchen recipe – in a very unusual twist for me, I’ve made no changes. But because I find the font on the web site horrible to read and because the directions are sort of scatted around and difficult for me to follow, I’ve posted it here. I served this to my folks on a recent visit and the dish was a complete hit.
Ingredients:
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup semi-pearled farro
- ½ large white onion
- 2 cloves garlic, put through a press
- 9 ounces grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 ¼ t kosher or coarse sea salt ¼
- About ¼ t red pepper flakes
- 1 T olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- Few basil leaves, cut into thin ribbons
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
Directions:
- Place water and farro in a medium saucepan to pre-soak while prepping the rest of the ingredients – add each to the pan as they are prepped
- Thinly slice the onion so that it’s in quarter moon slices
- Add the garlic
- Halve or quarter the tomatoes
- Add salt, pepper flakes and olive oil
- Set a timer for 30 minutes
- Bring uncovered pan (no lid necessary) up to a boil, then reduce to a gentle simmer, stirring occasionally.
- When the timer rings, the farro should be perfectly cooked and the cooking water almost entirely absorbed. If necessary, cook longer till the faro is more tender.
- Transfer to a wide serving bowl, scatter with basil and Parmesan and enjoy.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.